The Indian passport is a passport issued by the order of the President of India to Indian citizens for the purpose of international travels. It is a proof of Indian citizenship to the bearer to travel internationally. In the year 1959 Ministry of External Affairs has created the central passport organization as a subordinate office. The divisions of Ministry of External Affairs are Consular, Passport and Visa. Government of India provides passport services and also provides Indian passport tracking tool through Central Passport organization.
A Passport is essential for those who want to travel to overseas countries or foreign countries or abroad for the purpose of education, tourism, medical attendance, pilgrimage, business purposes and family visits. Passport services are simple, efficient and transparency in terms of delivery of passport.
The passports are issued in India by Passport Seva Kendras, Passport Laghu Kendras and Consular, Visa and Passport services. For overseas or foreign Indians the passports are issued through the Indian Missions and Posts abroad. Approximately 60 million Indians hold valid passports up to now. The passport demand is estimated to be growing by around 10% for every year. This increased demand is coming from both large cities and smaller towns. All passports offices issue machine readable passports as per the guidelines lay down by the international civil aviation Organization.
The Indian Passport collaborates with Tata consultancy services and introduces the program of Public private Partnership. Through this program verification, granting and issuing of passport have been retained by Ministry of External Affairs.
Passport Services for the Indian Citizens
The main aim of Ministry of External Affairs is to deliver passport in timely, accessible, reliable manner, convenient and transparency manner. The main aspects of passport services to Indian citizens are given below:
- Anywhere anytime access.
- Increased network.
- Improved amenities.
- State of the art technology infrastructure.
- Integration with police and India post.
- Call centre and help desk.
Indian Passport Tracking Method
Using the official website, the application status can be tracked. Step by step procedure for application tracking is given below:
- First enter the application type, that is Passport/PCC/IC/GEP or RTI or Diplomatic/Official Application or Surrender certificate.
- After that enter the file number or reference number or tracking Id.
- Next enter your date of birth.
- After completion of above details then press track status button.
- After some time you will get current status of your application.
- You can find the application tracking status by browsing the official website.
Types of Indian Passports
- Ordinary passport – This is specially designed for ordinary citizens. The main aim this passport is for ordinary travel like vacation, study and business trips. It has 36 or 60 pages. The cover page will be deep black cover. It is ‘Type P’ passport, where ‘P’ stands for personal.
- Official passport – This is designed for individuals. And representing the Indian Government on officials business. The cover page will be white cover. It is ‘Type S’ passport, where ‘S’ stands for service.
- Diplomatic passport – It is issued to individuals to Indian diplomats, top ranking government officials and diplomatic couriers. The cover page will be maroon cover. It is ‘Type D’ passport, where ‘D’ stands for diplomatic.
The selected passport in India, which is use in both India and overseas countries are given below:
- Indo-Bangladesh Passports, which will helpful for those residents live West Bengal, North Eastern States.
- Indo-Sri Lankan passports, which will helpful for those residents live Tamil Nadu, Puducherry.
- These two passports permit to travel to Bangladesh and Sri Lanka and not valid for other foreign countries.
The other main features of Indian Passport are given below:
- Tatkal feature – This is very useful for those urgent needs.
- Short validity passports.
Indian Passport Identity Information Page
The following information will be displayed in the Bio data page.
- Type P – Personal, D – Diplomatic and S – Service.
- Country code – IND.
- Number allocated on passport.
- Surname of the person.
- Given names of the person.
- Nationality of the person.
- Sex of the person. That is either male or female.
- Date of Birth.
- Place of birth.
- Place of issue.
- Date of issue.
- Date of expiry.
- Photo of passport holder.
- Ghost picture of the passport holder, this appears on passports issued after 2015.
- Signature of the passport holder.
- The information page ends with ‘Machine Readable Passport’ zone.
The following information is provided by the India passport office as the Demographics page at the end of the passport book.
- Name of the father of legal guardian.
- Name of the mother.
- Name of the spouse.
- Old passport number.
- File number.
Indian Passport Note
Every passport contains a note from the President of India addressing to the authorities of all territories in both English and Hindi. The note will be given in English at the following.
“The President of the Republic of India is requesting and wish to all those people, who made visiting concerns and to allow the person to pass freely without let or hindrance, and to afford him or her, every assistance and protection of which he or she may be provided if in need.
This statement by President of the Republic of India order.”
A Passport is essential for those who want to travel to overseas countries or foreign countries or abroad for the purpose of education, tourism, medical attendance, pilgrimage, business purposes and family visits. This article clearly explains the Indian Passport tracking and its services. The passport services are simple, efficient and transparency in terms of delivery of passport.